BACK TO CREW
This page has been visited times.
1609 Rahall St.
Garland, TX 75040
Check out the North Texas Explorer website: Outdoor Flix
Seeking to utilize my skills towards a career in the media industry.
- 2002 - Present Freelance Video Production Specialist
I have been working as a freelancer for the past several years for various production companies in the metroplex area. My duties have included videography, non-linear editing, multi-camera field production (inlcuding set-up and strike), studio camera and other various duties. Some of the companies I have done this work for include: Elite Video Productions, Texas VideoBroker Services, New Emages Handcrafted Teleproductions, Bill Cody's Party Time Productions, Video Events of Texas, Earthwave Productions and others.
- 2001 - Present Independent Documentary Filmmaker
Dedicated myself to producing short documentary films suchs as “Fast Food” and "ToadSpotting". Served as writer/producer/director for the films. Also worked as videographer and editor as well as coordinated the production with companies such as Kraft Foods, Hershey’s, Hormel Foods and Pepperridge Farms. My documentaries have been has been selected for exhibition in Film Festivals throughout the country.
1999-Current Producer: North Texas Explorer, Savvy Center/Explorer Multimedia Inc.
Responsible for developing educational TV series concept “North Texas Explorer” from student project to viable TV property. Worked as writer, producer, director , videographer and editor on the
travel" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||travel|AA1VDw">travel
TV series that featured educational aspects of Metroplex tourist spots such as the American Airlines Center, the Dallas Museum of Natural History, the Fort Worth Stockyards, the Dallas Zoo and a vast amount of other widely regarded establishments. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of production with those places.
2000 - 2003 Producer, Savvy Center Digital Media
Writer, producer, director for Dallas based production company. Helmed TV and video projects such as the “Weekend Welder” television series and the PBS educational television project “American Music.” Produced and maintained online streaming video content for all projects. Also responsible for crew management, videography, editing, digital still photography and website design and maintenance.
1999-2000 Production Director, NTTV - North Texas Television, University of North Texas
- As Production Director for the University of North Texas’ television station my duties included producing content, training new volunteers and students, teaching production workshops for graduate students, video equipment maintenance, organization and rental as well as worked as liaison between the station and the Dept. of Radio/Television/Film at the University.
Bachelors in Radio/Television/Film, University of North Texas
- Digital Videography
- Digital Still Photography
- Digital Non-Linear Editing
- Website Design and Maintenance, including Streaming Video
- Canon XL1
- Sony VX-1000
- Sony MVC FD-88
- Panasonic SuperCam DP800H
- Panasonic Super VHS 456
- Media 100 Digital Non-Linear Editing System
- iFinish Power Grade series Non-Linear Editing software
- Microsoft Front Page
- Microsoft Image Composer
- Dansie Shopping Cart
- Real Producer Plus Streaming Media program
- Microsoft Works and Word and Microsoft Publisher.
AWARDS & EXHIBITIONS:
- 1st Place in the "Documentary" Category of the Texas Intercollegiate Press Association Awards
- 2nd Place in the "Advanced Documentary" Category of the 2004 Spindletop Film Festival for my film "ToadSpotting"
My work has also been selected for exhibition by the following organizations:
- The Dallas Video Festival
- The DocSide Touring Festival
- The San Antonio Underground Film Festival
- The DEADCenter Film Festival
- The Spindletop Film Festival
- The Austin Music Network
REFERENCES AND DEMO TAPE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST